Reports to: CEO & DFO
Supports the national office in an administrative capacity. This includes document organization, word processing, research, travel and meeting logistics, internal and external communications, Board communications, and other needs that may arise. As the main staff liaison to the National Board of Directors and NSP’s standing committees, the Office Manager/Board Liaison may prepare supporting documentation and assist in coordinating in-person Board, Division and Program meetings, manage the Request for Action process, and the Administrative Roster.
Support National Ski Patrol (NSP)’s national office by managing basic operations, including those related to staff functions, human resources files, mail delivery, periodic phone assistance, maintaining office equipment and ordering supplies. The Office Manager/Board Liaison manages the budget for office supplies and staff appreciation. This role also provides support when needed to the staff Directors.
- Assist the CEO in making travel, transportation and lodging arrangements, event registrations and coordinating the CEO’s participation at industry events.
- Communication and coordination with national leadership:
- Prepare meeting packets for the Board and standing committees
- Attend and take minutes for the Board and Standing Committees
- Administer the NSP meeting calendar, including the organization of all National Board and national committee meetings on the national calendar
- Maintain and distribute call-in information, packets and minutes as necessary
- Prepare minutes for all Board and standing committee meetings and organize electronic files. Maintain the posting and updating of minutes and packets to the member website
- Take notes on conference calls as applicable
- Log, assign, distribute and post RFAs
- Assist National Telecommunications Advisor as needed
- Ensure NSP’s Policies & Procedures and Bylaws are up to date
- Maintain the NSP Administrative, Program and Committee rosters
- Plan logistics for January and Spring in-person Board Meetings
- Maintain and create email distribution lists as needed
- Manage basic office operations
- Maintain familiarity with each department and assist with inter-departmental communications
- Organize staff meetings, outings and other gatherings
- Manage new hire onboarding and maintain human resources physical files
- Maintain orderliness of the office, including the ordering of office supplies and ensuring the full function and capability of all equipment, including telephones, voice messaging, printers, and copy equipment.
- Work with staff Directors on projects and additional tasks as needed
- Print awards, certificates and return forms for the NSP store.
- Act as ARO (Alternate Responsible Officer) for the Exchange Visitor Program
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and Internet skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Communicate with staff and NSP members in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
- Willingness to multi-task and flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Team player and self-starter
- Reliable and organized
- Passion for, and knowledge of the ski and bike industry, and outdoor recreation industry a plus
- 5 years’ experience in customer service and/or office management.
- Experience working with Boards of Directors for nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google and Zoom. iMIS knowledge a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $40,000 to $50,000. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance. health insurance, a matching 401(K) plan, flexible schedule, holidays, vacation, sick leave, wellness benefit, NSP store discounts and pro deals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe in the mission of the NSP we encourage you to apply. NSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for our mission. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Priority will be given to applications submitted before December 1, 2021. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.