Reports to: Education Director
The NSP Education Programs Manager works with the National Ski Patrol (NSP)’s National Program Directors and Advisors and education-based committees to coordinate and support all programs. This Manager reports directly to the Education Director while working closely with the organization’s education leaders to fulfill NSP’s strategic plan and remain the gold standard in outdoor emergency care.
The Education Programs Manager serves as an educational resource for NSP members and as NSP’s education liaison with external stakeholders and organizations. As part of the Education department at the national office, this Manager works closely with the Member Records, Member Services and Education Records roles to provide each other support. The Education Programs Manager works with the national staff to ensure that NSP’s programs are adequately supported and resourced, and coordinates with program and committee leaders to connect the office to all programs, and connect programs to each other.
This person is an organized visionary and effective communicator who seeks to support NSP’s mission, vision and core values alongside the volunteer leadership and national staff.
- Work with the Education Director and NSP’s education leaders to fulfill NSP’s strategic plan
- Collaborate with National Program Directors and Advisors to suggest new, improved and/or technology-based methods of content delivery for NSP’s programs
- Gather and apply metrics and data to assist with continuous program improvement
- Relate knowledge and experience from the broader education community to help improve and maintain the high standard of NSP’s programs—delivery, evaluation, tools, media usage
- Edit documents and materials for programs as needed and requested from National Program Directors and Advisors
- Create, develop and implement new online learning methods
- Serve as staff liaison for the committees as assigned
- Works with national staff to meet needs and expectations of NSP’s programs
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about adult learning and performance-based training programs
- Knowledge of creating online learning for Learning Management Systems
- Capacity for strategic visioning to ensure ongoing relevance of education programs and the organization
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology to learning platforms
- Knowledge about online learning management systems
- Experienced project manager with ability to work with volunteers and manage various groups/committees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in high-pressure settings and attend committee meetings outside of standard working hours
- Able to build and foster mutually-respectful working relationships
- Innovator and visionary—an ideas person
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent management skills
- Team player and collaborator able to work productively and collegially with NSP’s volunteer leaders and paid staff
- Positive attitude with willingness to take on special projects
- High energy and ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
Experience and Requirements:
- Degree (preferably advanced degree) in education, training and development, or related field
- Experience creating online learning for a Learning Management system
- At least five years of professional experience in the association education field
- Demonstrated expertise in working with online learning management systems, electronically mediated instructional materials, and credential databases
- Program management
- Course management, including evaluation and revision
- Demonstrated experience with education program design, development and evaluation
- Experience in pre-hospital emergency care and in instruction training within the outdoor recreation industry both desirable.
- Working with nonprofit boards a plus.
- Proven experience in budgeting, project management and negotiation.
- Intermediate Excel and general computer skills
- Basic medical knowledge (EMS system and/or OEC), training, certification
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the ski and mountain bike industries
- Skier—intermediate level at minimum
- Patrol experience a plus (but not required)
This position has a salary range of $50,000-$60,000
- Ability to participate and support on-mountain snowsport and mountain bike programs
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter with “Education Programs Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Ski Patrol (NSP), founded in 1938, has followed its creed of “Service and Safety” since the establishment of skiing as a popular sport in the United States. With 31,000 members, NSP is the leading authority of on-mountain safety, the NSP is dedicated to serving the outdoor recreation industry by providing education and accreditation to emergency care and safety service providers.
The IT Manager is responsible for coordinating NSP’s many IT systems, including internal systems supporting back-office operations as well as all enterprise infrastructure and allocations required by the national organization. Additionally, the IT Manager oversees the membership platform involving registration, roster maintenance, dues payments, education/certifications, and online purchasing. This is a full-time position.
- Ensures functionality of the current iMIS platform and oversees all aspects of iMIS system management with NSP’s external vendors. Responsible for the daily execution of the batch schedule and troubleshooting support of online functionality, which includes membership registration and education records
- Ensures all current and proposed IT solutions are compatible with current & future IT infrastructure
- Responsible for membership platform (iMIS) security, site map, and oversight of user interface modifications
- Responsible for ensuring data protections and site data security (member and business data) and compliance with organizational policies, state & federal data security statutes, and privacy laws (GDPR and California Data Privacy)
- Helps formulate and execute IT roadmap, including developing capital and operational budget recommendations)
- Serves as Staff Liaison to IT committees and working groups comprised primarily of member volunteers
- Manages IT vendor relationships
- Makes recommendations, supports approval of, and is responsible for deployment of the national office’s hardware replacement plan
- Oversees PCI compliance including supporting audits as required
- Manages NSP’s application portfolio and maintains the software update schedule for all national office systems & applications
Skills & Abilities:
- Positive attitude with willingness to identify organization needs and manage projects
- High energy and ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment driven by member input
- Ability to effectively manage Vendor Partners & Services Rendered in accordance with established contracts and\or service level agreements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with self-starter attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and to prioritize multiple requests
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structures, IT structures and databases
- Proven experience as a database developer with Analyst\DBA skills (DBA) running queries and working with tables utilizing SQL\TSQL languages
- Experience with Microsoft.NET, SQL Server, IIS, SSRS, Azure and Power Shell
- Experience with secure Cloud Services environments, AWS, Azure\Sharepoint
- Understanding of data protections and knowledge of PCI and data privacy
- Experience with CRM, AMS, and LMS platforms, iMIS greatly preferred
- Experience with on-premises and cloud-based application platforms. Knowledge of public internet, Firewalls, network switching, routers, and Windows server configuration.
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages, including membership management platforms, WordPress, ActiveDirectory and Microsoft Office (roles and security, as well as management/oversight of 3P IT service contractor)
- Experience supporting a Learning Management System (LMS) from the technical side, including oversight of 3P implementation of LMS and ability to run data and analytics from both a database and LMS for reporting purposes
- Ability to learn new technologies and software programs quickly and easily without significant guidance and oversite
- Experience managing and overseeing deployment of complex infrastructures, applications, and databases
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the outdoor and/or ski industry a plus
- This is a full-time role (that may require occasional off-hours engagement), with hybrid/remote work options depending upon location/skills.
- Salary range for this role is $75,000 – $90,000 depending upon experience
- Benefits include: health insurance, 401K (currently with 4% match), holidays, vacation, sick leave, a wellness benefit, and industry pro deals. Did we mention the pro deals?
NSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “IT Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com
Click here to download a PDF of the job posting.