Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Support National Ski Patrol (NSP)’s national office by managing basic operations, including those related to staff functions, human resources files, museum and archives coordination, mail delivery, periodic phone assistance, maintaining office equipment and ordering supplies. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant manages the budget for office supplies and staff appreciation. This role also provides support when needed to the four staff Directors (Marketing & Communications; Education & Member Services; Sales & Partnerships; Finance & Operations) on various projects.
Support the Executive Director in an administrative capacity. This includes document organization, word processing, research, travel logistics, internal and external communications, Board communications, committee logistics, meeting arrangements, and other needs that may arise from time to time. As the main staff liaison to the National Board of Directors and NSP’s standing committees, the Office Manager/Executive Assistant prepares meeting minutes, organizes the national calendar of committee meetings, prepares and distributes meeting packets, maintains all orientation materials for the Board, coordinates all in-person Board and Division Director meetings, manages the Request for Action process, and manages the Administrative Roster.
- Manage basic office operations
- Maintain familiarity with each department and assist with inter-departmental communications
- Organize staff meetings, outings and other gatherings
- Manage human resources files
- Maintain orderliness of the office, including the ordering of office supplies and ensuring the full function and capability of all equipment, including telephones, voice messaging, printers, fax and copy equipment
- Work with departmental Directors on projects and additional tasks as needed
Executive Director Support:
- Document organization and electronic filing
- Administrative and communications support
- Communications and coordination with national leadership:
- Monthly preparation of the monthly meeting packets for the Board and standing committees.
- Administer the NSP meeting calendar, including the organization of all National Board and committee meetings on the national calendar.
- Maintenance and distribution of all call-in information, as necessary.
- Preparation of minutes for all Board and standing committee meetings.
- Take notes on conference calls as applicable.
- Assignment and distribution of RFAs, including RFA log maintenance.
- Assist National Telecommunications Advisor as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and Internet skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with staff and NSP members in a professional, courteous and efficient manner by telephone and face-to-face.
- Willingness to multi-task, change direction with little warning and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Reliable and organized.
- Passion for, and knowledge about, the ski industry, bike industry, and outdoor recreation industry a plus.
- 3 yrs. experience in customer service and/or office management.
- Experience working with Boards of Directors for nonprofit organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google and Zoom. iMIS knowledge a plus.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Communications Director
This position supports NSP’s marketing, recruitment and fundraising work through graphic design, social media, website management and other mediums. It also serves NSP’s education, programs, leadership and members by creating pieces and campaigns as assigned. With the guidance of NSP leadership and direction from both the Marketing & Communications and Sales & Partnerships departments, this position is also responsible for updating and managing NSP’s brand style through all marketing and communications inside and outside of the organization, and for creating and managing member-facing communications and portals.
As part of the Marketing & Communications team, develop, maintain and enforce brand standards for both internal and external communications.
Participate in strategic planning and goal setting, developing and maintaining marketing and communications calendar, and monitoring metrics and results.
Collaborate with NSP internal and external teams to deliver consistent consumer brand messaging and content.
Develop and manage project plans, including scheduling, production timelines and approval processes for in-house and externally sourced projects.
Maintain and expand NSP’s social media presence to build NSP’s brand, support recruiting and fulfill partnership commitments.
Maintain and distribute regular member communications, including email newsletters and member website updates.
Support NSP partnerships with graphic design, social media management and development and deployment of photography and video.
Develop and produce graphic design projects and materials, from concept to production. Ensure valid, current and accurate content, compliance with brand standards and timely completion of projects.
Contribute to event planning through marketing, design and brand needs for conferences and presentations.
Support NSP outreach, recruiting and stakeholder communications through external-facing website, design and customization of print and electronic materials, social media and events.
Provide support, education and materials to patrols, volunteer leadership and members as assigned, including graphic design pieces, stock photography and social media posts.
Maintain content and design on a number of platforms, including member website (tied to member database), external-facing website (WordPress) and eCommerce platform (Big Commerce).
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Minimum 4 years of marketing and advertising experience in a professional environment.
Proven graphic design experience, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
Diverse technical skillset, including basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Apple OS), graphic design applications (Adobe Creative Suite), email marketing platforms (Constant Contact), website development and management (WordPress, database-driven platform—iMIS and RiSE in particular).
Professional skills including organization and planning, attention to time, costs and deadlines, openness to feedback and constructive criticism, and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
Desire and ability to provide customer service with patience, attention and appropriate expectation management.
Understanding of marketing measurement and evaluation, including social media metrics, Google analytics and email statistics. Aptitude to use these statistics to develop, evaluate and measure progress towards marketing goals. Critical thinker with new and evolving ideas for improving the effectiveness of marketing and communications plans, tactics and programs.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to brainstorm, problem-solve and participate in group planning and work as part of a team, along with the ability to be a self starter.
Minimum strong intermediate ski or snowboard ability.
Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Experience in a nonprofit organization and/or membership association.
Experience with photography and video production and editing.
Experience in the ski and/or outdoor industry.
Patrol experience is welcome!
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes received by August 15 will be given first consideration.