NSP Safety Team
Mission: The National Ski Patrol Safety Team is an industry leader in the promotion and education of outdoor recreational safety. The Team upholds the National Ski Patrol’s mission and core values.
Vision: The National Ski Patrol Safety Team will be a leading authority in promoting safety in outdoor sporting activities and events.
Safety Team member responsibilities include:
- Promotion of safety for patrollers, resort employees and the public
- Representation of division interests to national committees
- Distribution of safety items
- Promotion of Safety Week and Safety Month
- Collaboration with PSIA/AASI, NSAA and regional ski associations to achieve and maintain consistent safety messaging
- Promotion and support of NSP programs, events and initiatives
- Promotion and support of NSP and Safety Team sponsors
- Support of safety awareness issues and trends within the snowsports and bike industries
Safety Team Division Leadership
National Advisor: Mike Husar
Alaska: Nicholas Pulice
Central: Kevin McQuillan
Eastern: Melinda Mingus
Intermountain: Gary Wilson
Pacific Northwest: Jodie Jeffers
Far West: TBD
Rocky Mountain: David Hickey
Southern: Brett Henyon
Pro: Matt Chaffin
The Safety Team produces and shares content that helps educate outdoor recreation users and keep the slopes safe, including Public Service Announcements (audio and video), the Ride Another Day campaign, what you need to know on the mountain, and what you need to know before you go.