Employer Name: Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Position Title: Ski Patrol (Some Experience Required)
Closing Date for Position: We are looking to fill these couple positions by the end of December but will continue hiring past that if needed.
Contact Info: Corey McClure, Recruiting Manager
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our Ski Patrol team for the current 20-21 winter season and beyond. We are looking for people who have around 2 – 3 years or more of Ski Patrol specific experience and have current OEC or EMT-B certification. There will also be specific testing requirements to be completed upon hire and based on experience.
As a Ski Patroller at Arapahoe Basin you are responsible for providing medical care and emergency services to the guests or employees on our mountain as well as completing winter ski trail maintenance. A successful candidate for this role has completed A-Basin Rookie Ski Patrol Training or has previous Ski Patrol experience.
Perks and Benefits for this Position Include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Working 4, 10-hour days. 3 days off.
- Ski for your job!
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Patrols, on skis, ski trails and slope areas to provide assistance and protection to skiers and report condition of trails, ski lifts, and snow cover on slopes.
- Completes Patrol opening and closing procedures to ensure trails are compliant with all current safety standards and company safety policies
- Provides proficient medical care or first aid in emergency operations and notifies medical personnel in case of serious injury
- Understands all medical transport procedures and transports injured skiers using a toboggan when necessary
- Trains continuously on Arapahoe Basin Ski Patrol operational standards and maintains knowledge of, complies with, and educates on the Ski Safety Act and Arapahoe Basin safety policies
- Recognizes avalanche terrain and understands all safety procedures on low hazard routes while working under Blaster in Charge.
- Responsible for promptly and accurately completing all incident forms and involves an Accident Investigator or Supervisor when necessary
- Responsible for a high level of guest service and can demonstrate a high level of confidence with guest interaction including when disciplinary actions are necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
About Bluebird Backcountry
Bluebird Backcountry is the first and only fully human-powered, inbounds backcountry ski area in the
country. With a mission to make backcountry skiing safer and easier to learn, our operation features a
1,200-acre avalanche-evaluated and ski-patrolled area with zero chairlifts. Guests come to try
backcountry skiing, develop their backcountry skills, and explore new terrain in a relatively safe,
welcoming, social, and COVID-friendly backcountry environment. In short, we bring together the
comforts of a ski resort, the expertise of a guide service, and the adventure of the true backcountry. We
are located on the Continental Divide in Colorado, halfway between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs
(just over a 30-minute drive from both).
Our team has a welcoming, energetic, get-it-done culture. We are excited to introduce a new way to
think about skiing… and to see just how far we can take the Bluebird Backcountry concept.
Click here to download a PDF of this posting.
We’re looking for a few snow safety professionals to help us assess hazards, mitigate risk and respond to
incidents throughout the 2020-2021 season. This includes opening and closing terrain, working on a
patrol team, and carrying out day-to-day patrol operations. This is a full-time, seasonal role from
November 14th, 2020 through roughly March 28, 2020. This position does not cover formal snow safety
efforts for guided, out of bounds skiing. The ideal candidate is:
● An experienced avalanche professional with skill sets and experience including:
○ An understanding of the cause and effect relationship between weather, snow, and
○ An understanding of snowpack analysis
○ The ability to make tactical decisions in a fast-paced environment balancing safety,
efficiency and big-picture concerns
● Comfortable writing forecasts for public consumption AND communicating with ski patrol and
other snow professionals
● Familiar with CAIC warnings and protocol
● A competent skier, capable of uphill and downhill travel through rugged mountainous terrain
under all weather and snow conditions, in a safe and expedient manner
● A proven leader, creative problem solver, self-starter, and communicator
● Passionate and experienced backcountry skier or splitboarder
● Experienced ski patrol or avalanche professional
● Proficient in ski patrol activities such as sled handling and skier evacuation
● American Avalanche Association (A3) PRO 2 or equivalent
● A3 professional member or equivalent qualifications
● Familiar with CAIC warnings and protocol
● Emergency medical certification (e.g. EMT, OEC)
● Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others in stressful situations
● Creative problem solver and self-starter
● Excellent verbal communication and awareness of group dynamics
● Commitment to Bluebird Backcountry’s mission and goals
This is a full-time, seasonal role from approximately November 14th through March 28th. Bluebird will
be open 5 days per week from Thursday-Monday, plus possible holidays.
● Open and close terrain within acceptable safety guidelines
● Implement skier safety efforts, emergency response, first aid and preventative measures
● Check that Bluebird’s operations comply with the Colorado Ski Safety Act responsibilities
● Assist with providing a dailyn avalanche forecast and conditions report for Bluebird guests
● Work with a medical director, local EMS agency and Flight for Life
● Competently operate all equipment and supplies
Bluebird Backcountry is located halfway between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. All trips
will take place within Bluebird Backcountry’s leased area. The property is entirely unimproved, and the
skiing is more variable and adventurous than manicured or groomed.
● Pay is extremely competitive.
● 10 Bluebird Backcountry day passes to give to family and friends.
● Rustic lodging in Kremmling for the duration of the season if desired.
● Prodeals with leading industry brands.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ski Patroller” in the subject line. Include the
● A cover letter
● Your resume
● Your location and contact information
Position: Ski Patrol
Type: Seasonal, Full Time
Location: Saratoga, WY
Nestled away in Medicine Bow National Forest and only accessible by tracked vehicle in winter months, Green Mountain offers an alpine experience like no other. With over a dozen downhill trails, six miles of nordic trails, and a standard guest capacity of 12, you certainly won’t find any crowds at this off-grid property. Come join this small, dedicated team in their second season and have a mountain experience you won’t find anywhere else.
We’re looking for experienced Ski Patrol candidates to join our team for 2020-2021 season!
In addition to serving as a first responder, facilitating patient transport, and maintaining patrol equipment/supplies, Ski Patrol will also assist in other aspects of mountain operations. This may include: mountain guiding, clearing terrain/trails, setting rope lines, marking obstacles, snow removal, and other general mountain maintenance.
- Three seasons of Ski Patrol experience
- Proficient skier or snowboarder
- Versatile, team player
- Ability to withstand harsh winter conditions and work outdoors for long periods of time
- National Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) – Preferred
- EMT-B or equivalent – Preferred
- PSIA-AASI certifications – Preferred
- Housing included
- IKON Pass included
- Equipment stipend