Patrollers everywhere agree that radio communications are essential for effective ski patrolling. The prompt investigation of reported accidents, the need for additional personnel and/or equipment at the scene, and the coordination of transportation of the injured for further treatment are only some of the patrolling activities for which radio communications play a vital role.
The NSP telecom program assists the organization and its members by:
- Providing technical and general-interest information on radio communications through NSP publications;
- Responding to inquiries from members about telecom issues affecting ski patrols;
- Assisting other NSP advisers and program directors when radio communications are involved;
- Assisting patrols with FCC licensing and related regulatory matters;
- Monitoring NSP compliance with FCC regulations; and
- Interfacing with allied (EMS/rescue) organizations on radio regulatory issues.